Sunday, June 24, 2007

Making Millions on the Web

I was sitting in a railway station, on my way to London, a couple of days ago, and contemplating a question I had read on the web a few days earlier.

‘Ask yourself what the meaning and purpose of your life is and write down the answers on a piece of paper. Let the answers keep coming until you have one that makes you cry! Then you have found it’. So I took a pen and paper and started to write.

I was so excited with the very first answer that came out. ‘To take the ancient wisdom from around the world and transform it into modern wisdom stories, especially for children’ It didn’t make me cry but it made me feel I had a great meaning and purpose.

Later, on the train back from London to Stansted Airport, I added some more to my list.

Strangely, out came ‘To make millions on the Web’.

To put it mildly, it sounded very cheesy to me. But there was something that made me feel this was great. I felt that I was on to something.

Then I realised. It could mean:

‘To make millions of people on the web more happy, more healthy, more wealthy, more peaceful, more knowledgeable, more enlightened’ as so on …..in other words, giving millions of people extraordinary value through the web.

What a great mission statement! Imagine using the web to provide extraordinary value to millions. What a great heroic mission, if you dare?

And, of course, if it really did give millions of people such extraordinary value, then it would probably make millions of pounds / dollars, euros or whatever. I thought, what a great idea for a Foundation! Focus on millions of people. Invite and explore any initiative that has the potential to provide extraordinary value to millions of people through the web.

So, yesterday, I registered www.makingmillionsontheweb.com as step 1.

Now, as step 2, I cannot stop myself thinking about ways to use the web to make millions of people happier, healthier, wealthier, more at peace, more knowledgeable and, hopefully, even more enlightened about the world we all live in, and how to make the world a better place for us all.

Let’s see where this all goes.

Ron Young

More at:
http://www.in-love-with-wisdom.com/